Insight Home Inspections, LLC.
(Please read carefully)
THIS AGREEMENT is made and entered into by and between Insight Home Inspections, LLC. referred to as “Inspector”, and, #username#, referred to as “Client.”
In consideration of the promise and terms of this Agreement, the parties agree as follows:
1. The client will pay the sum of #amounttopay# for the inspection of the “Property,” being the residence located at: #address#.
2. The Inspector will perform a visual inspection and prepare an electronic written report of the apparent condition of the readily accessible installed systems and components of the property existing at the time of the inspection. Readily accessible systems and components: only those systems and components where Inspector is not required to remove personal items, furniture, equipment, soil, snow, or other items which obstruct access or visibility. Installed systems and components: roofing; exterior; interior; structural components; plumbing; electrical; HVAC (weather permitting); insulation and ventilation. Latent and concealed defects and deficiencies are excluded from the inspection. Any component not listed as being deficient in some manner is assumed to be satisfactory.
3. The parties agree that the “North Carolina Standards of Practice” shall define the standard of duty and the conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the inspection and are incorporated by reference herein.
4. The parties agree and understand the Inspector is not an insurer or guarantor against defects in the structure, items, components, or systems inspected. INSPECTOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE FITNESS FOR USE, CONDITION, PERFORMANCE OR ADEQUACY OF ANY INSPECTED STRUCTURE, ITEM, COMPONENT, OR SYSTEM.
5. This Agreement, including the terms and conditions on the following page, represents the entire agreement between the parties and there are no other agreements either written or oral between them. This Agreement shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the North Carolina. Client has read this entire Agreement and accepts and understands this Agreement as hereby acknowledged. If no North Carolina state regulations apply, this report adheres to the North Carolina Home Inspection Standards of Practice.
6. Systems, items, and conditions which are not within the scope of the building inspection include, but are not limited to: radon, pest infestation, water wells; formaldehyde, lead paint, asbestos, toxic or flammable materials, molds, fungi, other environmental hazards; security and fire protection systems; household appliances; humidifiers; paint, wallpaper and other treatments to windows, interior walls, ceilings, and floors; recreational equipment or facilities; pool/spa water purification systems (ozone generator/saltwater, etc.); underground storage tanks, energy efficiency measurements; motion or photo-electric sensor lighting; concealed or private secured systems; all overflow drains; heating system’s accessories; solar heating systems; heat exchangers; sprinkling systems; water softener or purification systems; central vacuum systems; telephone, intercom or cable TV systems; antennae, lightning arrestors, load controllers; trees or plants; governing codes, ordinances, statutes, and covenants; and manufacturer specifications, recalls, and EIFS. Client understands that these systems, items, and conditions are excepted from this inspection. Any general comments about these systems, items, and conditions of the written report are informal only and DO NOT represent an inspection.
7. The Inspection and report are performed and prepared for the sole and exclusive use and possession of the Client. No other person or entity may rely on the report issued pursuant to this Agreement. In the event that any person, not a party to this Agreement, makes any claim against Inspector, its employees or agents, arising out of the services performed by Inspector under this Agreement, the Client agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Inspector from any and all damages, expenses, costs, and attorney fees arising from such a claim.
8. The Inspection will not include an appraisal of the property value or a survey. The written report is not a compliance inspection or certification for past or present governmental codes or regulations of any kind.
9. In the event of a claim by the Client that an installed system or component of the premises which was inspected by the Inspector was not in the condition reported by the Inspector, the Client agrees to notify the Inspector at least 72 hours prior to repairing or replacing such system or component. The Client further agrees that the Inspector is liable only if there has been a complete failure to follow the North Carolina standards. Furthermore, any legal action must be brought within (1) year from the date of the inspection, or will be deemed waived and forever barred.
10. This inspection does not determine whether the property is insurable.
The parties agree and understand that the Inspector assumes no liability or responsibility for the costs of repairing or replacing any unreported defects or deficiencies either current or arising in the future or any property damage, consequential damage or bodily injury of any nature. If repairs or replacement are done without giving the Inspector the required 72 hour notice, the Inspector will have no liability to the Client. The Client further agrees that the Inspector is liable only up to the cost of the inspection.
Client Email: #clientemail#
Client Signature: #clientsignature#
Current Address: #currentaddress#
Agent's Name: #agentsname#
Agent's Email: #agentsemail#
Agent's Ph. #: #agentsphone#
Home Inspector(s): Bob Fesler #3765 / Jeff Theys II #4091 / Steve Sabol #3345
Business Address: 92 Cornerstone Dr., Cary NC 27519
Home Inspector Signature: Bob Fesler/Jeff Theys II/Steve Sabol